Okies…the final recipe for the week Here’s a new recipe I tried out last weekend. It’s a chocolate cake with chocolate icing!! Double yummy!
Want to make one (or more) for yourself…here you go!
Note: I am really sorry but I forgot to take a pic of the finished cake…I remembered only after all of us at home had eaten our share so it’s a half eaten cake pic *sheepish grin*
FAMILY CHOCOLATE CAKE
Ingredients for the Cake
Softened Butter 125 grams
Sugar 2/3 cup
Icing Sugar 1/2 cup
Self-raising flour 1 and 1/4 cups
Cocoa 1/2 cup
Soda Bicarbonate 1 teaspoon
Salt a pinch
Milk 1 cup
Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
How to Make the Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Lightly grease and flour a 23-cm cake tin.
- Cream butter with sugar and icing sugar.
- Sift flour, cocoa, soda bicarbonate and salt into a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture, spoon-by-spoon to the creamed butter and sugar mix. Add the remaining ingredients and beat well.( I used an electric blender at low speed.)
- Spoon into the prepared cake tin and bake for 40 to 55 minutes or until cooked.
- Ice with Chocolate icing when cold.
Ingredients for the Chocolate Icing
Icing Sugar 150 grams
Cocoa 2 tablespoons
Melted butter 1 teaspoon
Warm water 1 to 2 teaspoons (I actually used 4)
How to make the Icing
- Sift icing sugar and cocoa together.
- Add melted butter to warm water
- Gradually mix into the sugar and cocoa mix until a smooth paste is formed(It should be spreadable not watery)
- Spoon it over the cool chocolate cake you made and even it out with the back of the spoon.DONE!!!
Note: This recipe was taken from the Cake Bible from Penguin Books You can see the book in the plain cake pic!